Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Just when you think you've seen it all

Man...

It's too bad exhaust has to exit behind the rear tires in Washington.....

I've never heard that before, where did you get that from?

The only vehicles I have that have where the exhaust exits behind the rear wheels are my two WRXs.

In WA, the exhaust has to go something like 6 inches past the passenger compartment.. The passenger compartment is defined by the location of the back seat and the presence of roll down windows in a sedan.

I got harassed by a cop a number of years ago in Puyallup for the exhaust on my 67 Dart GT. 383 with fenderwell headers, Pipes dumped in front of the rear wheels. I was, however, a step ahead of him. The back seat had been removed and the rear window regulators had been welded in the up position. Ticket was dropped and Mr Officer was given an education in the laws he was attempting to enforce.

The rules may vary from city to city or even county to county. This was a Pierce County Sheriff that I dealt with at that point.

In WA, the exhaust has to go something like 6 inches past the passenger compartment.. The passenger compartment is defined by the location of the back seat and the presence of roll down windows in a sedan.

I got harassed by a cop a number of years ago in Puyallup for the exhaust on my 67 Dart GT. 383 with fenderwell headers, Pipes dumped in front of the rear wheels. I was, however, a step ahead of him. The back seat had been removed and the rear window regulators had been welded in the up position. Ticket was dropped and Mr Officer was given an education in the laws he was attempting to enforce.

The rules may vary from city to city or even county to county. This was a Pierce County Sheriff that I dealt with at that point.

The exhaust in my turbo wagon doesn't even go past the front seat, let alone the rear.

I'm glad I'm in Lewis County, the only thing they care about around here is keeping the free thinking outsiders from moving in. :lol: