Ultimate Subaru Message Board

questions/questions/questions....

ok, still have the code 32, still pinging, friend of mine in colorado suggested checking the plugs in case i nicked the gap going in, also suggested removing a wire one at a time to see if the idle went rougher or no change...well, the gaps were fine but when i removed either plug wire on the passenger side, 1&3 i believe, there didnt seem to be a change in the idle....somehow that doesnt seem right...is it time to do a compression check?

Are you still getting good mileage? If so, it is unlikely that compression is the issue. As SuBrat84 implied, you might want to check whether you have the right wire on the correct cylinder. Still, if you are still getting your good mileage, even this seems unlikely. Is your idle rough?

Oh, another thought that I had last week (the last time I had time to think :rolleyes: ): Is it possible that you have an intake manifold leak? If so, it could account for lack of change of idle after pulling sparkplug wires, and pinging. several ways of testing, one of which is to CAREFULLY!!! spraying carb cleaner around the manifold-to-head junction and seeing if the idle changes (try this on your 1-3 side for sure).

Good luck, Alan!

(BTW, I picked up the master cylinder Saturday. Haven't had time to do more than look at it yet. Let me know how much I owe you.)