Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Opinions: How does it look? Improved? (pics)

I bought this car off a board member because I wanted a good solid base to start my offroad project from. I chose this one because it has 5spd d/r and spfi. It had been good to the previous owner and was in my price range.

It had the typical Subaru rust as they all do. One hole let water all over the back floor and so I had to take the carpet out. I paid a kid from my church to do all the body work and painting, and rear bumper. Overall I am pleased with how it turned out for how little I spent. I did a major interior swap, XT6 front seats, grey rear split (it was blue to start), grey door panels and cargo area, steering wheel swap, shifter swap, new pedals, and of course sound system. I did some wheel bearings and swapped the wheels for Mazda truck wheels. I plan convert it to rear discs brakes and a 4inch PK lift. I should be getting a new front bumper next week (I will post pics when it's on) and I hope to get a Mudrat79 custom roof rack at some point. So without further ado....

Here is how it looked the day I brought it home and yanked the broken hub caps, (they didn't like the drive up from WV).

dscf0018small.jpg

This is how it looks now. I have RX struts in the front and Honda springs in the rear to lift if up about in inch in the front and 2 in the back. The rear springs make a ruffer ride but are nice for hauling and towing stuff. (no I don't have a problem with axle strain)

100_0602small.JPG

and here is a shot of the rear bumper. I like it, but it has a slight design flaw that I have to get fixed next week when I pick up the front bumper.

100_0546small.JPG

I will probably go with a set of Swampers when the lift is done or some Coopers. I like both and this is a daily driver so I need a tire that can hold up to road use and still be good offroad.

So whaddaya all think? Improved?

that thing looks sweet!, There is one sticker i noticed "GPS", Geocaching rocks!

My wife and i do alot of geocaching, In central oregon i get some odd looks when im in very remote places geocaching in a soob:grin: !

Subaru should be the official Geocaching vehicle.

very nice. like the stealth color. Also, it is my personal opinion that EA82 wagons were made as sticker stands, among their other 1001 uses. I will post a picture of my buddy's wagon someday. We calculated at one point that the stickers were worth twice as much as the wagon itself.

I have RX struts in the front and Honda springs in the rear to lift if up about in inch in the front and 2 in the back.

I hate to continue to show my ignorance, but are those Mazda RX7 shocks that you used? Or is the RX standing for something else? Is there any particular Honda springs you used?

Tim

I've already figured out one answer- the shocks are out of a Sub RX. I"m sorry I'm such an idiot.