Ultimate Subaru Message Board

check out my wagon

that is beatiful. sure beats paying $22,000 for a baja

without a frame though, is it strong enough in the rear not to buckle when it goes over a big bump??did you put supports?

i am thinking of finding a creampuff loyal wagon and copying you, looks like a neat project!

jon

no didnt support any thing and it is tough as hell ive taken it though the thick and thin i love my subaru it is my first and it has made me a strong supporter

i need to rebuild the carb but that will come in time besides that it is great

ive have about 700$ in it with paint(i mixed left over paint together), clutch and all that was wrong with it and its a great ride

Cool chop job,

question? Now that the lift gate is gone,, have you modifide it to a tailgate you can drop, or is it sealed up ????

What are you going to do when it rains? Are you going to make a custom canopy?

Does the baja have a canopy?

just thinking

the tail gate is now a lift off i use the original handle and to clasp on top to secure it

right now the back gets wet when it rain but i really dont care soon i will pop rivit snaps around the whole back and make a cloth top for the back

when ever i chopped it the only metel i add in was 1 1/4" square tubing across the topfor roof support and in the corners i used card board to make patterns of the pieces of metal i needed to fill the support holes(i cut them out of the old roof)