Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is this too low?

I installed the GR2's I got from the XT today. I think it maybe too low. The tires rub when ever I hit a bump. Sucks cause I really messed up my drivers side front tire.

Also, the drivers side seems lower than the passenger side. I will keep the springs from my RX struts and put them in the GR2's to try to stiffen it up alittle. But I think i will also work on some sort of lift to try to gain alittle more tire clearance.

Looks alot better than before IMO though.

STA50030.sized.jpg

And here is my tire now :(

STA50035.sized.jpg

There are more pictures here:

http://gallery.usmb.net/album34

-Brian

Guest shadow

What size tire is that? I think the ride height looks good, maybe tweak the rear down just a tad to level it up a bit more.

You said you roleld the fenders but how exactly did you roll them? They don't look rolled at all really, from here they don't look like they match the tire radius quite enough. If you put the tool back on and heat up the metal with a heat gun you should be able to go a lot further than that. Did you rent/make, or buy a tool, or did you use a baseball bat or what?

You've got a lot further to go before you need to start cutting or grinding I think.

Guest shadow

It's probably harder with a bat, that may be all you can go practically, I'm not sure. The heat gun does make it a lot easier and preserves the paint a bit more usually. I'm no expert and doing a really proper rolling is an art, but I do know that if you can get ahold of the proper tool it will make life easier. :) You can play with the angles and push out and up more than you already have to get more clearance. I'm just not a fan of cutting until you have exhausted the rolling technique, seems too drastic. Styles probably has some insight on this I would think.

if you resort to cutting the fenders, grab some regular gl fenders and krylon them. that way if you funck it up or dont likle the results, at least you preserved the integrity of the original rx fenders.

do that or bring the car out here and let the rust do the work for you!:grin:

if you resort to cutting the fenders, grab some regular gl fenders and krylon them. that way if you funck it up or dont likle the results, at least you preserved the integrity of the original rx fenders.

Eather do that or get it done by a pro.

It does look good with it lowered, but you don't want to comprimise handling and performance just so it can be lower. Raise it just enough so that you can rally everything at anytime and not have to worry about screwing your tires. Plus subarus handle really well even if they're not lowered. That is one nice RX.:banana: