Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Inclinometer in a soobie?

I was browsing some subaru loyale pictures the other day and I came across one sweet loyale that had an inclinometer cluster in it from a toyota 4runner. Seems like a wicked good idea to me, anyone have one or thought of it or have any idea where I could pick one up? TIA

624284_15_full.jpg

• 5 years later...

I'm working on a digital readout device of selectable data to replace the clock in my GL. One feature to think about on my list is sensors to detect inclination. First on the list is to get the GPS receiver working so I can see all of that data, then external temp, then maybe inclination.

• 5 months later...

Hey , I have that same unit in my suzuki. I got it out of a wrecked 4runner. It was made to be mounted straight up and down. It tilts back in the sammy dash so to make it accurate I had to jump a tooth in one of the gears. maybe this will help you graft one in your soob.

• 11 months later...

I have some information for anyone looking to source something like this from a Toyota in a junkyard. Those extra clusters came with the SR5 trim package 4runner's and Tercel's. If it still has the original paint, the SR5's have big broken stripes on the sides and the hood, so they're easy to spot.

The 4runner cluster has an altimeter where the Tercel's 4wd indicator is. There's also a switch on the face of the 4runner clusters to kill the illumination, which I find handy when driving on unlit roads at night. (but not while wheeling, as was mentioned above)

That Tercel cluster looks brand-new and factory! Good job!

• 3 weeks later...
How many of you guys have smartphones? Just get a dash mount for it and use an inclinometer app.

You can't tell me you think using a smart-phone mounted to your dash is as cool as that picture is a couple posts above?

=P