Ultimate Subaru Message Board

air suspension

my xt6 came with air suspension from the factory but someone removed it i need som schetmatics to figure out what i need to get it back up and running also the air suspension light does not come on so i think it has been cross wired any help here would be hot

air suspension computer is under the drivers seat. unplugging it is an easy way to keep the light from coming on. plug it back in. there is also another connector to the right of the fuse box down by your left foot that is basically just an extension of the suspension computer. unplugging that will also negate the suspension light. plugging either of these two plugs in will give you back your light if they are unplugged.

many times people don't remove all the gadgets - just the struts. everything else you need is in place, just install air struts.

things you can check for:

solenoids. there are two under the engine hood. one next to the top of each strut. two 10mm bolts hold it in place with obvious air fittings. do you have those in place under your hood? the rear solenoids are attached tot he struts so no worries there.

the computer is under the drivers seat. check for that (under the carpet of course).

remove the front drivers side tire and fender lining. the compressor and drier assembly is located under there. you can also check for it by looking down by the battery because some of the bolts pass through there, but tough if you don't know what you're looking for. best to just remove one wheel and the liner, it's very easy to do.

air lines - i would think they left these in place, i've never seen anyone but myself remove them.

this is just about everything.

be sure to replace every o-ring in the system when you put it back together.

good luck and have fun. there is a good bit of air suspension info at http://www.xt6.net if you like.

the solinoides are there but some moron cut all the wires and removed the hoses i have not checked the compressor or the comp thx for info also will the air struts off of a plain xt fit the six what about the air struts off other models?