Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New guy's first post

I bought my 91 Loyale wagon, 4WD, 5speed, in March and finally have it reliable and on the road. I didn't realize it when I bought the car, but one of the head gaskets was blown. Kept getting air in the cooling system and couldn't get rid of it. Finally took it apart at a friend's house and found a small amount of missing head gasket allowing cylinder gas into the cooling system. Glad Subaru designed head gaskets to prevent coolant and oil cross contamination in all but the worst scenarios.

Now to get the A/C going next week and find a temperature sending unit to hopefully fix my cold idle problem.

Hey Parod!! Welcome.. I don't live too far from you. I'm about 70 miles north of Spokane near Colville, WA. I've gotten alot of help here and hope you do too. Also.. looking forward to see you help others with things you learn or know.

boing

• 2 weeks later...

91 Loyale update:

In the shop for A/C work. Technician found a missing sensor :banghead: from the top of the compressor (two weeks to get the part) :banghead: and a broken tab on the front of the compressor pulley. Sensor should be here Friday. :cool: