Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Stuck! :) (updated with retrieval pix modem sammich)

Tin Soldier

Well Yesterday was the start of a 1st ever PA meet.

It was myself, Trogdor (Xtacy Turbo), and Phathur Kryme (PK). We started off with a little working on the cars then we headed out for some offroading.

100_0737.JPG

It was a fine day for it and the weather was nice, but about 9:30pm it started getting dark on a trail I had not been on before. I was driving along and saw some mud just a touch to late and gunned it to try to make it thru. High centered it and stuck good. We broke one Come Along trying to get it out and ended up leaving it there. At about 11pm we left it in the woods and walked out to cell service and called for a ride. We will rescue it today and I will get more video and pix. As always the whole story can be found at 4x4roo.com

100_0744.JPG

100_0745.JPG

100_0750.JPG

Thanks for looking :)

-MORE-

Went back to rescue the Roo the today.

100_0761.JPG

100_0760.JPG

We tryed to take PKs Tracker in to rescue it and ended up getting it stuck too. We had to come along it up out with a broken come along.

100_0766.JPG

We got yelled at by the land owners of the gate we took the tracker around to get to the car.

Once we got the tracker out we headed back to the ppls hosue to apologize and the guy seemed real nice.

We ran to Adavance and bought a new come along and 30ft tow strap. When we got back to the Roo it had been robbed. The stereo and the subwoofer, the amp and the radar dector all gone. :(

100_0782.JPG

Well anyhow after some serious pulling with a come along. We got the Roo out and brought her home.

100_0783.JPG

So the damage report from the trip...

Tracker:

Bent to heck engine mount (big rock on the way out).

Few scratches.

Lotsa mud on and in it.

Roo:

Smashed up front bumper.

Smashed up rear quarter panel.

Lot of scratches all over the sides and wheels.

Caved in hood (PK sat on it to give more grip to the front wheels).

Serious amount of over heat.

Stereo and all stuff that could be easliy removed from the car. :(

Get more pix and video will get uploaded monday when I am back on high speed at 4x4roo.com Direct Link

Looks like it's time for some 29x10.5 Thornbirds eh? Nice muddin pics!

Was the guy in the motorcycle wreck OK? I worry about my brother on his bike alot, fast bikes and young guys are a deadly combination. My wife calls them organ donors on wheels.

Looks like it's time for some 29x10.5 Thornbirds eh? Nice muddin pics!

Was the guy in the motorcycle wreck OK? I worry about my brother on his bike alot, fast bikes and young guys are a deadly combination. My wife calls them organ donors on wheels.

I don't know what happen to that guy. He was alive when we went by and not too badly hurt looking.

As if things weren't bad enough, some POS had to steal stuff out of your car! Do this: Print up flyers with good descriptions of what was stolen. Use as much detail as possible. Makes, models, any unique marks, etc. Post them at every pawn shop and car audio shop in the area. Post the same info in local free classified papers....most of them have free ads. Make those stolen items worthless!

If you find out who did it, beat them about the head, neck, chest, back, arm, hand, waist, leg and foot areas with a cinder block. Castrate them with a claw hammer so they won't infect the gene pool. (I FU^%!#G hate theives!)

dumb question but did you lock it when you left the woods? Reason I ask is I never walk more than 20 yards from my car without locking it...

Oh those dam kids from Franklin I bet....:grin:

I would not have locked it. Some POS would have just smashed a window to gain entry. If it's in the middle of nowhere, who would hear it? Too bad you didn't catch them in the act you could have...to quote Ice T, "shoot 'em in the mutherf&%#!ng face!" then throw their useless carcass' under the tires for traction. That would have killed 2 birds with one stone: Done the world a favor and gotten you out of a mud hole.

Sometimes the mud wins :(

What a damn shame about getting looted. What kind of insurance you got?

PK needs to get a 6" lift and swampers on that Tracker! They really can throw down offroad. There are more than you would expect running around MN and WI; RPM 4X4 club has atleast four. The bright pink one rules! :lol:

I saw a security guard parked on base here and had to talk his. Cherry red '91 Geo Tracker, 6" full suspension kit, didnt check the rims, 33"x12.5" swampers, stock engine and drive train. He had just broke apart the carrier housing for the front diff the weekend before offroading in WI :brow:

Anyway I've rambled on enough here.... offroading rules! :drunk:

Sometimes the mud wins :(

PK needs to get a 6" lift and swampers on that Tracker! They really can throw down offroad. There are more than you would expect running around ...The bright pink one rules!:lol:

I saw a security guard parked on base here and had to talk his. Cherry red '91 Geo Tracker, 6" full suspension kit, didnt check the rims, 33"x12.5" swampers, stock engine and drive train.

I found one (Sammi) this weekend for $400 said it looked clean and ran good.

I didn't buy it because I have no place to put it and can't justify another off-road toy taking up space...

If I had my way my house would look like Sanford & Son :lol:

That looks like it was a blast playin' in that mud. Does suck that your stereo got stolen. I had a bunch of tools stolen last winter when I got stuck and had to leave the car, though they left all my cb radio equiptment that was in there(over $400 worth of cb stuff)

That looks like it was a blast playin' in that mud. Does suck that your stereo got stolen. I had a bunch of tools stolen last winter when I got stuck and had to leave the car, though they left all my cb radio equiptment that was in there(over $400 worth of cb stuff)

Much easier using tools. Them thar fancy citizen band radios take brains to hook up! :lol:

My tools were the only thing I took with me last time I left my Subaru.