Ultimate Subaru Message Board

front end problems

the sooby has been driving a little funny the last few days, kinda feeling like the steering isnt as responsive as it was before, and yesterday when i was leaving work i was doing about 20 or so around a 180 type of corner the front started flopping and it felt kinda like a really loose rim would feel (adn yes that was the first thing i checked out, i havent actually crawled under it yet but did a quick visual inspection and cant see anything bent or broken. adn the axle nuts were good and tight.

its been driving like this since a few days ago when i was rallying it(or whatever you wanna call it) around the field by my barn and i hit a 10 foot dropoff type hill doing about 30 and went airborn for about 15 feet or so( didnt see the dip since it was like 130am lol) and when i landed i think the tires were turned a little bit to the left, its the pass side that did the flopping btw.

pushing on the tire on the front i can hear a little bit of a clunking sound coming from somewheres around the tires but not sure of exactly where

so any ideas of what i should look at maybe being broken if i get a chance to get under it tomorrow?

i dont see any grease coming out of the front axles at all, what it is doing is basically taking a little more effort to turn the wheel, iif you are doing anything over 40 or so, basically the only way i can describe it is like the front wheels are both pointing outward in the front a little and making it want to stayt straight at higher speeds. doesnt look like they are pointed out at all looking at it from the front