Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Digi-dash temp guage values??

Was going to type all this out but figgured what the heck. I like the phase "somewhat overheating." Good luck Bty this data is out of an 87 fsm. I pretty sure that 87-89 all use the same digi dash I just check my fsm 88 and it was exactly the same

306IMG_5862-med.JPG

interesting! i always wondered about that. so if im normally running between 4 and 6 bars, my coolant is between 250-350 degrees max?

I would hope not :-)

it looks like with 10 bars lit, the temperature is 257*F. Below that is 50*F per segment. So 4-6 bars would be roughly 150*F-185*F or so.

Sorry the analog chart gives all temperature as a function of resistance NOT gauge position, you would have to give me a resistance then I could throw a temperature back at you.

Ya I did the same thing you did add up the temperature and you get like 300 deg, dam that is HOT. I found another chart that might be of more help. Out of the same 87 fsm.

306IMG_5874-med.JPG

That makes more sense. I can agree with that, and live with it. The guage rides at 3 or 4 bars up everywhere I drive even the interstate, except for one mountain road. It's not huge and most of the way I can stay in fifth gear and maintain 60mph. I'll just have to make the cooling system more effeicient.

Thanks