Ultimate Subaru Message Board

RX update with pictures

Well I finally got the digital camera to work again and since it was a nice day out, came a photo shoot of the RX. After a nice bath, she sure looks better then ever, well at least since I've had her. Here's the site where the pics are located on the last couple pages http://community.webshots.com/album/302403464nPmSgF/0 Anyways, here's a list of the things that I have done it her since I got her back in November:

- resealed EA82T from an '85 RX

- gen 2 turbo heads

- modified stock uppipe

- '02 WRX TD04 turbo

- '02 WRX top mount intercooler

- '02 WRX downpipe with less then 500 miles

- Turbo XS BOV

- AEM and custom cold air intake

- full 5-lug conversion with XT6 front and rear swaybars and Impreza front brakes/struts/hubs/axles

- GReddy Profec B-Spec II EBC

- GReddy Auto Turbo Timer

- full stock RX bodykit

- 4EAT to FT4WD D/R 5-speed conversion

- stage 2 clutch kit with new OEM clutch cable

- WRX 3-gauge A-pillar pod

- custom painted tailights

- aftermarket steering wheel and shift knobs

And here's a list of things that are in the works or in progress:

- coilovers

- Autometer Phantom EGT, Boost, A/F, oil pressure, water temp, and tach with shift light

- full aftermarket TBE including a Crucial Racing downpipe with divorced wastegate

- TWE header

- full 10 point rollcage with harness bar

- 3-point strut tower brace with intercooler mounts

- custom short throw shifter

- 17" rims

- bodywork with new black paintjob (minus the gold stripe)

- new lexan quarter windows

- plus a few other misc. items that have to be addressed

Let me know what everyone thinks about it. I currently have about $2800 into her and that includes buying the car. So for those of you who are kinda lazy and don't want to poke around at the pics on my site, here's what I've gone from back in November of 2004:

302421604Obukeg_ph.jpg

302421492ZMfClW_ph.jpg

And this is what it looks like today (7/8/05)

389939210nQKMpP_ph.jpg

389939403iQUfUY_ph.jpg

grr click the red X's...

i desire to have those old style rx seats in mine so much. i want the back 3 seat portion and then get some black racing seats up front and then try to convert my whole interior to black. ur rx looks nice. how hard is it to put the td04 and wrx ic in downpipe etc? i want to do the same :brow:

i desire to have those old style rx seats in mine so much. i want the back 3 seat portion and then get some black racing seats up front and then try to convert my whole interior to black. ur rx looks nice. how hard is it to put the td04 and wrx ic in downpipe etc? i want to do the same :brow:

Well lemme tell ya, its been quite a task getting it all to come together. I'm still getting it all hooked back up like the oil/cooling lines on the turbo and the piping that goes from the turbo to the IC. I also have to cut a hole for my BOV to fit but I'm gonna make it be hidden a bit so it'll blow off out of the hood;)

so where you going to have it vent to? where on the manifold will it be mounted at?

Right out of the hood on the driver's side. Just gotta make a hole for it;)

:lol: love the dew support! whats the piece of pipe connecting your ic to your TB? is that part of your old oem intake pipe?

I love the dew man! Its holding it because I'm making a strut tower brace with IC holder in it currently. Yes that is a stock OEM intake pipe (thanks for the idea WJM) but its from an '85 GL-10 sedan cause mine cracked really badly when I stretched it...

How did you fit the TD04 in with a Non-Spyder Intake Manifold????

I tried and couldn't plumb the intake due to the fact that the turbo was so close to the intake manifold!!!!

Please tell as my TD04 and TMIC have been sitting for months because of this while I save up for a custom header to bring the turbo UP.

How did you fit the TD04 in with a Non-Spyder Intake Manifold????

I tried and couldn't plumb the intake due to the fact that the turbo was so close to the intake manifold!!!!

Please tell as my TD04 and TMIC have been sitting for months because of this while I save up for a custom header to bring the turbo UP.

I did it, and mine actually runs;) Just dig through my picture gallery and that will give you a pretty good idea what I did. Let me know if you have any questions.

I did it, and mine actually runs;) Just dig through my picture gallery and that will give you a pretty good idea what I did. Let me know if you have any questions.

You must feel pretty special don't ya;) Mine will be running very shortly but I'm awaiting the gaskets for the turbo and the plumbing to it as well... just a few little things before she'll run but I did get her to turn over:banana:

im hoping that i might be able to get my engine done by the end of summer, then i can start getting together the bits for mega squirt and edis. hmmm, depending on ow reliable we can get these cars, we should get together somewhere and have a rx shoot out. maybe we can get one of the improt mags to cover the event, it would be great. maybe we can get the guys from scc out to prove that these cars arent all granny's grocery getter.it seems that every one that has an rx is fixing em up and try to get em back to life this summer. we should make something of all this.

Caboobaroo, your coupe is looking great! an unbelievable JY find, really. Where are you getting the Lexan windows from?

I just washed my RX does that count? :drunk: no more moss starting in the trim strips... contemplating bodywork for the little dents that are all over... bondo kingdom awaits

I put 600 miles on mine weekend before last, hauling a car full of my sister's possessions as she is travelling and I agreed to store stuff :rolleyes: ... it squeaks a little bit at the rear right, after traversing the broken-pavement racetrack that is I-5 south of Salem, twice. Ran at 3/5 temp gauge at 70mph+ without trouble for hours though.