Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Radiator GRRR!!! Warranty? HAH!

So the radiator in the 84 Brat burst a core? the thing the fins are attached to that connects to the tank.. yeah.. it burst right where it connects to the tank.. I took it into the parts store to get it replace under the "lifetime" warranty.. the radiator is 4 months old.. brand new. Well apparently I overlooked the fact that the tanks are also expanded. APPARENTLY the fact that the tanks have expanded makes the warranty void.. because THEY pressure test their radiators up to 30psi .. and the fact that the tanks have expanded means that my 13psi radiator cap is defective.. and that my coolant system in my brat is defective.. and who cares about the burst core because I had too much pressure in the system... seems like a load of BS to me.. the pressure cap was working just fine.. temp gauge working just fine.. everything work just fine.. and BURST goes the radiator.. my fault?? I think not.. So now I have to contact the company directly?? Guy at the parts store seems to think they will tell me the same thing he did. Jerk. Seems like BS to me.. Any thoughts?

They are jerkin' ya around. Take it to a different store location, if there is one, or contact the manufacturer directally. There is no reson that the core should burst unless the radiator was defective when you got it 4 months ago.

13 PSI is correct. I hope you kept the receipt for it also to prove it; it would be nice if you bought the rad cap at the same store.

No I had to get a radiator cap for it. EA81 is 13 PSI right? I got a 13 PSI cap. I know it's good.