Ultimate Subaru Message Board

blasphemy? lowriding a suby? anyone?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about adjustable coilovers?

I was reading a Hot4's mag and it had an article on adjustable coilovers (also strut replacements) but it said it was more for the track scene as it creates a noiser ride cos of some rubber thingys are replaced with plastic thingys.

Cant remember what they are

Gannon

What about adjustable coilovers?

I was reading a Hot4's mag and it had an article on adjustable coilovers (also strut replacements) but it said it was more for the track scene as it creates a noiser ride cos of some rubber thingys are replaced with plastic thingys.

Cant remember what they are

Gannon

If you are referring to a complete coilover/strut conversion, thats not really available outside of custom stuff for all 4 corneres of an L series (afaik)

however, one could put adjustable coilover springs on stock type struts and be OK. Has worked fairly well for me thus far.

So talking to this guy who is always coming up to my work and we have some big plans. Planning on using my wrecked wagon as a donor doing a carb to SPFI conversion. Adding a turbo, intercooler, and cold air intake with some of the spare parts he has (really cool customer who loves cars and really loved my 1st wagon and wants to help me get my new one looking amazing). And thats just the beggining. So has anyone ever seen any magazine coverage for these vehicles?? He has a couple show cars and we are really going to shoot for the stars on this one... seems to think that will be able to go somewhere with this.

What sort of negative things have you heard about the MPFI system?

YOu can turbo a crab car, or an SPFI car, but again, fuel delivery will probabably be an issues. Even the mpfi needs help in the fuel delivery are at high boost.. and it was made to boost. Imagine what it would be like on a system not made to support forced induction.

Come over. We'll talk and I'll show you a few things.

has anyone tried to install an aftermarket sunroof kit on a suby with no sunroof? Was looking online and noticed some kits with rather large openings that would be really fun... like 40" by 70" and such.

Here you go. Mines 40x45, sliding canvas. You could probably go maybe 10" longer, but I like having a little roof over my head.

11.jpg

12.jpg

What sort of negative things have you heard about the MPFI system?

YOu can turbo a crab car, or an SPFI car, but again, fuel delivery will probabably be an issues. Even the mpfi needs help in the fuel delivery are at high boost.. and it was made to boost. Imagine what it would be like on a system not made to support forced induction.

Come over. We'll talk and I'll show you a few things.

alrigght. Was talking to will about it and he seems to think that we could add ingectors to it, dont remember exactly how he said to do it but heard of anyone doing this? Am thinking about just waiting and trying to find a Turbo wagon at a reasonable price within a feasable distance from here and offroading the carbed...but if not would be a good learning experience. Will let you know when I have some time off and can come over....got my work schedule for the next tree weeks and with school starting next monday probably wont have any free time but will see.

thats friggin awesome, so how much did that cost, where did you get it, and did you install it or who did?

I got it online from Steet Beat Customs in Phoenix, it was like $350 for the kit.

I installed it myself by measuring very carefully about 100 times, then attacking with a sawzall. If you search for "ragtop wagon" you'll find an old thread about it, although all the associated pics have since been deleted.

my loyale is already lowered in the back....but.....its not supposed to be.12867rear.jpgpretty low huh?

....the front however...

12867front.jpg

got a $15 keychain digital camera from wal-mart and descided to finaly show how messed up my suspension is. Will be fixing it...............soon?

• 3 weeks later...