Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the megasquirted and edis'd rx !

so um yeah this is the beast i been arguing with for a long time to get together

one 1985 suby rx

clicky here for pic

with this hiding under the hood "clicky again"

whats in the picture?

ford edis coil pack <yay no disty>

8.8 mm accel spiral core plug wires

chevy alternator

ford thunderbird intercooler

maserati bi turbo intercooler piping <the chrome pipes>

dodge turbo minivan intercooler rubber hose stuff off the wife's van..shhhhh

blue silly cone diesel radiator hose

ssqv blow off valve <added a second bov from the minivan before the intercooler> since it seems my ssqv does not like to vent below 2-3 psi plus since the dodge one hangs open it allows the turbo to kinda prespool <little to no resistance against the turbo with the bov hanging open >

and yes.. its sposed to hang open

i am skipping the apc in this setup i think

and just going straight to letting the megasquirt run the boost / knock sensing since i asked for some code mods to be done that makes the ms work just like the apc but with more features

i still have to build my knock sense cicuit for the ms to run ignition/boost management in the event of detonation problems <bad gas to much boost to much advance ect ect>

for a idea of what all the new code for the ms box can do go

clicky here

so whats next to do??

well fix my wasted shifter bushing <the hardest ones to change of course>

change out my exhaust get rid of the craptastic stock setup

fix bent strut

build my liquid c0-2 intercooler sprayer :brow:

and then go from there

oops forgot

thanks noah for the pic

thanks to jason,shadow,northwet,garner,lstintexas

for all the help

Hey oddcomp thats a nice setup you got there! Just wondering, what did you do with the disty did you remove it or just leave it in there?

As of WCSS7, he still had the distributor in place, as he hadn't yet gotten a block-off plate for the dist mount hole.

Oddcomp, get all of this stuff worked out, as I WANT it for my uber-Twagon.

As of WCSS7, he still had the distributor in place, as he hadn't yet gotten a block-off plate for the dist mount hole.

Oddcomp, get all of this stuff worked out, as I WANT it for my uber-Twagon.

Correct me if I am wrong but the EA81/82/ER27's dont use the disty for any other purpose other then for the spark correct. I am about 99.99999% sure this is true but i just want to make sure 100%.

well in the stock setup the disty does 2 things

provides spark.. duh lol

secondly the tach signal off the - side of the coil runs to the ecu and also triggers the fuel injections pulses each rpm signal causes all 4 injectors to fire in the stock ecu

so 1 rpm = 1 injection event

and yea i can build it pm me again.. or message me on instant message type thing

just put my better downpipe on till i make a even better one

i currently work at advance auto, some of the filters we sell are crap, like the apc cones, they arent that good, i havent messed with the mushroom filter by apc. i have used the metal mesh filter that is made by apc, under their high end name. it isnt that bad of a filter, but i would still reccomend a k&n filter over most everything else. then ther is the regular paper filters, they may keep your engine clean,but they sap a lot of power.

hey odd, ill hit you up later, i need to figure out how long its going to take me to get to the point that ill need that set up, but i still want one so bad it hurts.

well.. junky my boy you should have said something.. actually i looked around for you to take you for a ride. but you was always bizzy b.s.ing with someone :)

as far as my filter goes its 20 dollar knock off but it is in fact a cotton fiber cleanable element yay but the metal "mesh" you see if to reinforce the element so it does not collapse

and yes stock boost so far was gonna pop my apc back in wire it all up but then .. i realized i would be taking it back out soon to wire up the megasquirt boost circuit so i figured.. eh why do things twice. and besides.. at stock boost it moves well enough

yes any one who can afford it can buy a fast car and slap aftermarket parts on it

but half the fun not to mention being proud of your car comes from being able to say.. yeah i built those parts ect

i did not build it to be fast<ok well sorta> i built it to prove i could mostly to myself

still at half an exhaust swap.. got owned by my dead sawzall so i couldnot cut the old muffler off .

so bigger dp ending in open exhaust right around the middle of the car ..

so bigger dp ending in open exhaust right around the middle of the car..

sounds done to me! :brow:

good job on the install too! i might have to use some of that diesel radiator hose too, looks easier to use than hardpipes & expensive silicon couplers.

well.. junky my boy you should have said something.. actually i looked around for you to take you for a ride. but you was always bizzy b.s.ing with someone

Man i looked for you to B.S. with and finally caught up to you when you were putting dry ice on the intercooler. I was gonna ask then but it was getting dark and there was alot of people around admiring (me being one of them).

Anyhow, there's always next year and I hope its still running then :)

-Brian

well by next year since i can actually tune for it

i hopefully will have a high compession turbo motor i suspect thats why previous attempts at hi comp turbo ea82t's don't live long is the lack for proper fueling/ignition that the stock ecu can not compensate for

not that mine lacks low end power hehe

but still eh gotta try

that diesel radiator hose i bought .. was like 1.something dollar per inch!

but it is semi flexible and it works great

infact i still have a section of it left thats about 5-8 inch's long and 2.5" diameter fits perfect over suby throttle body's

heh, that motor looks a little familiar... last time I saw it, it was in a turbowagon with a 4EAT behind it IIRC. Dude wanna build me some MS&EDIS goodies for my fantasticly big and expensive pile of crap in my driveway? I have a donor car for the parts needed for the EDIS but I'm so incredibly computer stupid its not even funny...

actually.. it was a 3at.. and at that time i was not intercooled and did not have the spider intake on the motor either

but yeah.. same motor 230k mile motor with all that dropped into a 152k mile rx body haha

seems to run a tad warm <like 210f> on the freeway with a 180 thermostat

but runs cool around town i suspect i need to flush my cooling system