Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What should I ask for my Subaru?

I would like another Subaru, but have to sell this one first.

It is an 1985 GL 2dr hatch, dual range 4wd, no a/c or p/s from factory. The body is straight and clean, the white paint still shines when waxed. It has no dents. Everything electrical works. It runs perfectly. The oil pan and pump gaskets were replaced, a new front pass. driveaxle put in, new alternator and battery, and a tune up done. It is a Hitachi carbed EA81. I had new tires put on as well. The interior vinyl is good. The dash has a crack. The seats are worn, and have seat covers. It is typical of a 20 year old Subaru interior. I am the second owner. It has 178k miles on it and is not abused in any way.

I just drive it to school. It is a great winter car. I was going to ask $1000 for it, but have been told to ask everything from $500 to $1300. I hear my model and options (or lack of!) are desirable for "fun" driving and rallye work. I have pictures somewhere. Let me know what you think I could get.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2067819

I think it's worth putting on eBay and letting it get bid up to its value.

This is the exact car I'd love to have if or when I go back to EA81's.Good luck with it.I know if you put it on eBay it'll fetch that $1000 and then some.

White and blue are my favorite.

If you can drive it here to me I'll give you the $1,000 and get you a flight home.