Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru XT sources need

OK. Since I was a child and frist saw a Subaru XT I wanted one. I never got one.lol Now I am 33 years old and ran across one in horriable conditon near Tampa Florida for 200.00. So I bought it. It barely ran needed lots and lots of work. I have since then, purchased a new engine from a company "makato" in California, had it installed, all new A/c system, Rebuilt the Tranny just in case, and basically restored everything under the hood to new. The car now drives like a brand new one and I am in love with it. Now I am getting ready to send it out to a body shop to have all the old paint Sand blasted off it and repaint the entire car back to it's original color. next will be the interior. The radio is missing completely. I would like to find an original radio for it, but if not I will do an aftermarket job on it. I am kinda pracel to Sirus and cds.lol The seats are ok, the driver seat could use a small repair next to the door. No big deal, and steam clean the carpet. Now for the PNA the Dash has the biggest crack in it I have ever seen. I have called every subaru dealer up the east coast of the united states looking for a dash to purchase so I can replace this eye sore. I cannot for the life of me locate one. Does anyone have a source for this? I will even take a used from from a salvage yard. Subaru's are very rare in Florida, so I am unable to find one in a salvage yard here. IN fact at this time there are only two tittled Subarus XT's in the state, I own one and the other is for sale on Ebay. I would apprecaite any offerings in advice tips, or sources on this car anyone can offer. This is my frist Subaru. I have been told they will run forever. My other cars are all Mercedes, someone told me this will have the duriabilty of a mercedes. Is that true. Is there anything I need to know about this car. As of today I have spent a total of $5,200.00 on the restoration project, with still several thousand to go. My goal is to restore the car to it's original new condition, or as close as possiable. I know many think it's crazy to spend like I have on this car, but like I said it was always one of my dream cars, and money is not going to stop me on this car, I have no intentions of ever parting with it.lol Please advise. I also have another new 4 cyliner Enigne for an XT. If anyone is in need email me at Jessodell2@aol.com. I no longer have the old engine from the car. I will tell you the story of how I ended up with two new engines later. Lets just say the frist mechanic, didn't know enough about Subaru.lol

Always,

Jessie O.

post your parts needs in the Parts section of this website and you should get some responses to what you need. you should be able to find someone willing to part with a dash, but finding one close will be the tricky part. if the XT6 dash is the same then i'd likely have one for you if you're interested. again - start a thread in the parts section of the website.

i doubt there are only two XT's registered in florida. i know of 3 XT owners myself that definitely live and have the car titled in florida. that doesn't include the 3 or 4 XT6's owners i know that live in florida as well.

for XT specific information try http://www.xt6.net as well. probably find some parts over there as well and there are a few florida members that might be able to help you locate parts. i know we'll hook you up somehow.

good luck and post some pictures.

BLACK IN FLORIDA!! AH!!!! no wonder you restored the AC FIRST!

There are definitely more than two XT's in FL. Simply for the fact that I have one, there is another XT 4cyl running around in Orlando (albeit in equally terrible condition), and then there's Manny (avatar382) in Miami with his monster XT. Then there are XT6's and there are many more of those. At one time, austinXT6 who runs the aforementioned xt6.net had THREE of them!

Anyway, welcome to the site and definitely check out xt6.net for tons of info. You can use some GL/DL/Loyale stuff on your XT as they're based on the same platform, and there is a junkyard in Tampa that's literally a few football fields, and the last time I was there I saw about 4 or 5 old-school Soobies. I'll try to see if I can get the exact name of it. But yeah, glad to see another FL Soobie person, especially an XT!

Actually I didn't start with the AC frist. I started with putting a new engine in the car. Replaced everything around the engine, and in the engine compartment. Then had the Transmission rebuilt just for peace of mind. Now I have the new Aircondtioning compression, evaporator and all that stuff that has been replaced Friday. I am very happy with the car. Just have to find all the little nick nacks to put the inside back together. The Subaru Dealer in South Florida I think south Broward county, have not been the most pleasant to deal with. I have putchased tons of parts from them, everything from CV boots, Radiator, and AC componients. Each time rather than wanting to sell to me, and help me with information about the car, and to find unusal parts for the car, I always got "Are you crazy, that's just stupid to spend that kind of money on a car that old and in that bad of shape.". So I don't buy from them anymore unless I just have to. To me a car is only worth that it's worth to the owner.lol To anyone else my car might be worth 500.00 to me it's a whole lot more than anyone can afford.lol The car has no Rust, supsrisingly. The exhaust was rusted out, all that had to be replaced. The out side of the car is a very ugly Powder Blue color. I have had bad experiences with chaging car colors in the past, but I am going to try it again. Going to stick with blue, but a much more hip, modern looking blue. Thanks for the imput guys, and keep it comming if you run up on anything that I might could use. Also the inside of the car is dark blue. you can reach me by email. Anyone know of any shows in South Florida? This one will be Complete By christmas I hope. Keeping fingers crossed. Also Shipping is not a problem, I don't mind paying UPS for packing and everything.

Always,

Jessie O.

OK I had to go get the car out of storage to drive it around a play with it a little.lol Someone ask for pictures. Here are a Few. Note I still have not painted it yet or done the interior. Everything under the hood and car are new. It has taken a year to get it road worthy. Hopefully it will be painted this month. Any suggestions on improving it's apearance are always welcome. I will also have all the body work done. When finished you will think you have stepped back in time, the car will be new. I will post more pictures as all this goes along. I really enjoyed driving the car today. I filled it up with Premium fuel, drove all over town and the needle hardly moved.lol My other car get 13 MPG and when you start it the needle moves. I know this is going to me my new daily driver when all done.lol

Umm Scratch the picture thing. Looks like this site will not allow me to post atachments? Can anyone guide me in the right direction in that? I will check the Gallery post area also. Sorry.

Jessie O.

Palm Beach FLorida