Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Turbo vs Non-turbo radiators

so for a 122 bucks you are getting a 2 row radiator ? what is shipping charge? so this should fit my 88 turbo a/t wagon ?
Yes. $10. Should, but I'm no expert.

They have a single-row version for $109.

I was referred to RadiatorExpress.com by Radiator.com

Hummm a half inch thicker...I dont' have a half inch of clearence between my fans and my engine. Bummer

The second row is in front of the other, and the tank thickness is the same. The two row will fit all the EA82/EA82T DL/GL/RX cars (I dont think the XT is the same).

FWIW, my research shows only the turbo cars WITH the auto trans got the two core radiators stock, all others were singles. Also, single cores have plastic tanks, two cores are all brass.

Gary

Then how come the part numbers are all the same? It don't matter if it's a turbo, auto or a non turbo 5sp. What gives? All 4 parts houses here each have they're own radiator and they use the same one for all the models: single plastic core. I talked to the radiator shop here in town and he said the same thing: no two row radiators are available for that time frame roo. I even called radiators.com and performance radiator and they both said sorry, that's all I got.:confused:

If my memory serves me right, those mesurments are from the one out of the xt6.:confused:

Apparently, tank size and core placement may vary a bit from one manufacture to another (thanks for the info Caleb), so the core may move closer to the fan when switching from a single core to a double (mine didn’t as the single was already quite close). But the double should fit anyway.

I have this double core radiator from Radiator Barn in my RX, fits fine and cools great under all conditions.

http://www.radiatorbarn.com/s7.asp?ac=Y&year=1987&make=SUBARU&model=DL%2C+FE%2C+GF%2C+GL%2C+RS+OR+RX&submodel=ALL+MODELS&engine_size=H4%2C1.8L

Gary