Ultimate Subaru Message Board

question about front brake parts

I have a 2000 impreza 2.5RS that we are redoing the brake system on. I found that the front PS (right) side disk brake system was sticking. I am in the process of replacing the rotors and the pads and found that the right side caliper braket is having problems. One of the slide pins (?) is rusted solid (the rubber boot is ripped). Additionally one of the two mounting bolts broke off in the caliper braket durring removal (it was badly rusted also).

Question 1 - does subaru (or anyone forr that matter sell the caliper mounting bracket apart from buying a new caliper (as the caliper seems to be OK)?

2. If I order rebuilt calipers from autozone or another autoparts store, are the calipers sold seperately or do they come with the brakets and pin assy? Nobody at Napa, autozone, pep boys has been able to tell me.

Any info you might have on this is appreciated.

You can get what you need from Campbell Nelson Auto Recycling, Toll Free 1-888-337-7757, ask for Jason, he is over the Subaru parts. You can get your parts sometime in one day by express shipping. Or for less money shipping you can get them in two to three days. They are in Arlington Wa. I have been using them for years and I am well pleased with them.