Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So my clutch needs replaced.....

markjs

I have a guy who does this kind of stuff on the cheap, and I think it's too big of a job for me, as I have never removed an engine or tranny before. My questions are; how much should I pay for the clutch kit? Do I really need to resurface the flywheel? What is the worst case scenario if I do not resurface it? How much should I expect to pay for resurfacing?

I have a guy who does this kind of stuff on the cheap, and I think it's too big of a job for me, as I have never removed an engine or tranny before. My questions are; how much should I pay for the clutch kit? Do I really need to resurface the flywheel? What is the worst case scenario if I do not resurface it? How much should I expect to pay for resurfacing?

If you look around you may be able to find places that will do it for cheap.

I found a place that will do a clutch job for 199.99 includes Pressure plate, clutch, t/o and pilot bearing. Resurface flywheel is extra.

If you really want to do it yourself, I found a EA81 clutchs from 89.00 to 112.00.

If you have a good sized floor jack, it is easier to drop the tranny. You can get to the rear engine seal w/the tranny out.

Good luck.

Give me an e-mail if you need help.

BW