Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Big O "Euro Tour" tire comments?

I travel all over, and was considering purchasing a set of Big O "Euro Tour" tires for my 96 Legacy (185/70R14). Anyone tried these tires? Seems that, as the years go by, fewer of the big tire companies are making tires in this old-fashioned size.

Big O is in all of the towns that I spend time in (life is complicated), so it would be easy for me to get them serviced regularly (rotated and rebalanced). 70K mile warranty, and any road hazard warranties are covered completely for the first four years (no pro rating, just simple replacement).

I blew up a pair of Euro Tours in about 33k and they pro-rated me on them and my new set cost $370 w/ an alignment.. this is for my 205/55/16 though.. (About $120-130 ea for the euro tour in that size)

I got the latest edition Euro Tour on my Legacy right now.. they feel soft and a little loose in tight turns.. They probably are a nice tire for normal driving.. smooth ride... responsive.. strong side wall.. a little bit noisy.. don't expect to get the advertised mileage w/ any hard driving though..

I had a set of those (in that exact size, btw) on one of my cars several years ago, I was extremely satisfied. Price, wear, grip, quiet ride and price were all very good. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another set. Even the store I bought them at (Pleasanton, California) was a pleasure to buy from.

Just my 2 bucks