Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Exhaust question.

I'm going to be running a TD04 on my car within the next couple months, and I'm curious about the exhaust. I've seen people running a motorcycle muffler on their corollas and RX7s, NA and turbo. The corollas almost sound like bikes and the rotaries sound like airliners taking off. I have a gutter OEM WRX downpipe, and I plan to use a motorcycle muffler (gsx 1300 r hayabusa, 2.5 in and out). Any thoughts on what it will sound like?

Police sirens. ;)

I'm with him. If you are going to spend money on a muffler, and you want a "straight through" flow muffler, get a canister muffler(from local speed shop or good ol' EBAYMOTORS) or even a large to medium sized glasspack. Don't use a motorcycle muffler. It might not have the same sound muffling capabilities and it might land you in bad standings with Mr. Johnny Law, and you really don't want that.

im running a cherry bomb turbo 2 muffler, its decent, but its not as loud as i would like.

i am actually about get the muffler i was running om my impreza installed on the rx. its a dual cannister muffler with a 2.5" inlet and branches to two small mufflers with either a 1.5" or 2" outlet, and 3" tips, looks really cool in stock chrome form, but i painted it flat black last night with only the chrome rings left alone between the muffler body and the tip. looks hot.

im running a cherry bomb turbo 2 muffler, its decent, but its not as loud as i would like.

i am actually about get the muffler i was running om my impreza installed on the rx. its a dual cannister muffler with a 2.5" inlet and branches to two small mufflers with either a 1.5" or 2" outlet, and 3" tips, looks really cool in stock chrome form, but i painted it flat black last night with only the chrome rings left alone between the muffler body and the tip. looks hot.

I hope you sanded teh "chrome" really well until is was rough and then painted with hi-temp paint... otherwise you're goign to be very disappointed when you start smelling burnt spraypaint as you go down the street :-\

I hope you sanded teh "chrome" really well until is was rough and then painted with hi-temp paint... otherwise you're goign to be very disappointed when you start smelling burnt spraypaint as you go down the street :-\

as been said before, in possible another thread, i know what im dping when it comes to painting exhaust. ive painted all the exhaust ive used on both my cars. as long as your not painting the headers, its usually fine. by the way, i only use high temp ceramic paint. either way, i havent had any issues with painting exhaust parts.