Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gauge Placement

nzdusty

Those of you who are using the little cubby: What are you using as the mounting plate? It seems to fit perfectly.

That's where I have my lighting switches mounted, but my aluminum plate isn't nearly as purty as those plates.

Thanks!

Those of you who are using the little cubby: What are you using as the mounting plate? It seems to fit perfectly.

That's where I have my lighting switches mounted, but my aluminum plate isn't nearly as purty as those plates.

Thanks!

Thanks, but the props go to Subi81. I was just trying to duplicate his nice clean install after seeing the pics he posted. I spent the majority of my time for this project making a template out of cardstock. I think thats the key. I cut the mounting plate out of a rear cubbyhole door I pulled from a junkyard wagon so the color would match. Then I cleaned up the cuts on my neighbor's disc/belt sander to get the edges nice and straight and beveled so it fits fairly nice.

I've seen them mounted there too, they look good there. For stuff like oil pressure, you don't really need to look at it all the time anyway.

That was the stock mounting place for the oil pressure and ammeter for my mitsubishi truck. I think I like putting them on the left side where the defroster button usually goes better... it looks like it's missing a few buttons there anyway.