Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Some JDM AWIC goodness

well i got home late tonight to I finally got my JDM legacy awic.. so iI will keep you updated on the install, which is probably not going to be "too soon" as i have been working my @ss off the majority of the summer:banghead:

still need to install my RX skirts, 5 lug, bigger turbo.that have been sitting aroudn forever..not to mention a tempermental RX wagon..

401DSCF0504.JPG

plus when i opened the box i found out i even recieved the J-pipe and factory BPV with it:banana:

401DSCF0501-thumb.JPG

*edit*

I was also thinking:rolleyes: ...go the route of removing the ac condensor and installing a small radiator OR getting a new 2core metal radiator and running the water through the tranny lines on it...input please!

well the key is to search, jdm importers, forums, ebay..etc they pop up every once in a while..

ok on a side note im going to have to get a pump still, but am interested in setting up similair to the stock legacy setup

ie: createing a circut theat will run the pump at low speed.... then either at wot, or at a certain temp(or both!) the pump will be switched to recieve full voltage, and run full speed

Dont use the AT side of your new radiator. I thought of doing that when i had my AWIC and I was explained that the radiator temps will be much higher than your AWIC's radiator. Chances are the engine coolant in the main radiator, will only heat up the AWIC's radiator if attatched to eachother.

I'd suggest using an ATV radiator. From a 4 wheeler or a motorcycle. They are all over ebay and you should be able to find one to replace your AC stuff.

The other problem is pumps. What are you going to do to move all that water? I was thinking of using two smaller pumps rather than 1 large one.

It will be cool to see when you get it done.

-Brian