Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Locked Out

Thats the first thing I did after buying my '89 wagon. The AAA guy just pried the rubber molding away from the bottom of the drivers side window, and you could see the whole lock mechanism. Then he just reached in with a slim jim and popped the lock back.

I still liked my '82 wagon better -- I never locked it, and left the keys in the ignition most the time. Never got stolen (or if they did, they returned it before I saw....).

I've used the hood prop a couple of times to open my wagons. On the Power Wagon, it had a power tailgate, so I'd pry the window open, and stick the hood prop in to hit the rear tailgate button and unlock it.

Another time, I locked myself out of the RustBucket. Luckily, I had all of the interior door panels removed, so I was able to see my way into the lock internals. I stuck the prop down the rear drivers' door and managed to pry the lock open.

I don't have any advice, so sorry, but I DO have a funny story. I have a Brat that had some problems and broke down in town. I drug a friend out to help me and we got it running, then decided to go to lunch. Well, what do you know, he locks the only key inside. The windows were completely up, so no luck there. He got in by pounding on the roof (It was a GL, and had T-Tops) and I'll be a monkey's uncle, if the lever didn't come loose and he opened the t-top, took it out and we climbed inside the t-top and opened the door. I tried this trick later with no luck, I guess the t-top was *just* loose enough to open up. So there. Sorry for the post jack.

hehe Oops! :rolleyes:

I've locked my keys in my car many times. I found it best to find a piece of wood laying around with a nail in it. Pry open the window, slide it down and hit the door lock. Works pretty good.