Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello

SSGSal

I'm a soldier stationed in Arizona and this is my first time on USMB. I am in the process of doing an EJ20G swap on a 1987 GL AWD and your help will be greatly appreciated. I had to modify the motor mounts but I will be having problems with the wiring. I think its going to be a headache. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

SSGSal

Welcome!

What do you have as far as service manuals for the EJ20G? A factory manual is awesome, but even the schematics in the Chilton's manual are pretty good and cover most everything you'll need to hook up to make it run.

Good luck with the swap and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome!

What do you have as far as service manuals for the EJ20G? A factory manual is awesome, but even the schematics in the Chilton's manual are pretty good and cover most everything you'll need to hook up to make it run.

Good luck with the swap and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Thank you for your advice, I downloaded a factory EJ22/EJ20 Manual from a VW/Subaru Swap website. So far the engine is in the car but I am recovering from an injury I had in Afghanistan. I just have not had the time to start wiring. How hard was your EJ22 wiring on your GL?

Thank you,

SSGSal

Thank you for your advice, I downloaded a factory EJ22/EJ20 Manual from a VW/Subaru Swap website. So far the engine is in the car but I am recovering from an injury I had in Afghanistan. I just have not had the time to start wiring. How hard was your EJ22 wiring on your GL?

Thank you,

SSGSal

no, thank you for serving our country and putting you rump roast on the line. ive got so much respect for you all in the service. i know its not the thing for me, but its good to know there are people out there serving. and what makes it even better is that you are into subies:drunk:

if you dont mind my asking, what kind of injury did you suffer?

no, thank you for serving our country and putting you rump roast on the line. ive got so much respect for you all in the service. i know its not the thing for me, but its good to know there are people out there serving. and what makes it even better is that you are into subies:drunk:

Jeffast123,

As a member of the US Armed Forces, I thank you and appreciate your support. I understand that the military is not for everybody. I had a back injury and I’m still recovering. Hey… I’m thinking in purchasing a 92 SVX. What do you think? Again, thank you for your support.

SSGSal

Subyrally,

I apologize. I am new at this… but the reply from your posting was posted with Jeffast123’s name. Subyrally, Jeffast123 and all members of USMB, I really appreciate the fact that you are welcoming me in your community. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks again for your support.

Subyrally to answer your question: I had a back injuryJ.

Have a great day,

SSGSal

Im new here too

but thanks for your service just the same

hope your back heals up

Hey I went to high school in benson!

small world

It is good to see so many people in a site like this with such a welcoming spirit.

Welcome to USMB Johnnyk, my back is healing up OK. Hey... I lived in Sandy and Salt Lake city back in the mid '90s. Sierra Vista is OK. Yes it is a small world.

SSGSal