Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Car wreck :(

Pulled in about 10' behind this guy at the gas station, all of the pumps had at least 3 cars lined up and since it was dallas all of them had some form of rap blasting loud. The guy in front of me startd to back his truck up, at first I didnt think anything of it cause I figured he was trying to straighten out or something but he didn't look like he was slowing down so I layed on my horn and he just kept coming. The rear bumber of his truck scraped along the top of mine and smashed in the front of my hood and everything behind it, coolant was spilled all over the ground, the cooling fans were pushed all the way into the serpantine belts, the radiator has a nice big curve in it now. Getting the video tapes from the gas station soon and have already contacted the insurance company but am out of a ride at the moment. Anyone had similar damage done to their vehicle, anyone have any estime on about how much I can expect this to cost?

Dang bud, that really sucks!!! I tell you, if some people payed half as much attention to their driving as they do their stereo equipment.......GEEZ!!! I sure hope that he stopped to see what kind of damage he did and not drive off like most idiots do. I wish that I had a second car. If I did I'd loan it to you until your car got fixed. Hopefully, your car doesn't need too much cosmetic surgery. Just glad to know that you are okay.

Yeah he was nice about it and has insurance, I wish they would just give me a check for the damages because I have some parts cars I could probably fix and replace all of the things that are damaged without too much fuss and probably wounldn't cost me anything so would actually make some money off of it but so far they are saying that once he is proved liable they will come and tow the car to one of their certified dealerships, set me up with a rental car, and fix my car. But Untill then ill be riding my bike and borrowing my nanas car to make it to school.

Its an old car. You can probably consider it totaled. Bright side is, last subaru I had totalled (for similar damage) I got a decent check from the insurance company and bought the car back for $25

I'll call again tomorrow about that turbowagon. I was thinking about buying it for myself anyway. Perhaps we can work some sort of deal out so you won't have to be out of a car long.

They will most likely total it. An old Subaru isn't worth that much anymore, and it sounds like the 20% or 40% or whatever will easily be exceeded.

If they total it out, you should have the option to buy it back (and you'll have a decently nice check as a result). Deposit check, fix car, profit.

Unfortunately, this may take a while. :-/

-=Russ=-