Ultimate Subaru Message Board

the XT6 is AWD and i still get better mileage out of them than the newer Outback 2.2 liter motor that only has 67,000 miles as opposed to my XT6's which have from 130,000 to 220,000 on them. i can get up to 28 on them at 80. can't do that with the Outback. and they are all AWD vehicles.

my car doesnt even want to do over 80 :-///... whats wrong with it?? it doesnt want to pull at all after 80. even the 03 civic EX i drive goes right up to the governer at 120 and would still go if it wernet there.. my 98 2.2 obs 5spd barely pushes 110.... :-\

and i think throttle has a ton to do with mpg. when i go super light and cruise like my grandpa on the roads, i get about 27mpg. when i drive with my foot in the floor, i get about 23. my bronco2 on 32 inch tires gets about 20mpg. why in the world did i buy a subaru. :banghead:

my bronco2 on 32 inch tires gets about 20mpg. why in the world did i buy a subaru. :banghead:

ha ha, see how long your Ford lasts compared to the subaru. the $ required to make a Ford last 250,000 miles will typically far exceed what it costs to keep a soob that long. at 20,000 miles a year that extra 5-7 mpg the soob has over the Ford can save you $1,000 bucks or so in gas. (rough figures, i'm too lazy to go punch it in, go punch buttons if you want exact.)

and as for the XT6 - it's a late 80's soob. not sure why it gets good mileage but for a 6 cylinder AWD, it does okay. does a shade better than my OBS. gotta be gentle on the OBS to get that kind of mileage, XT6 doesn't really care. just get on the highway and get on it. the auto's and manual trans both get around 27/28 highway mileage.