Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The b3stArest Intercooler evAr!

WJM

looks cool.. Celica Alltrac Intercooler eh?? Seems i've got one of those attached to the car in the driveway.

Curious why you mounted it like that. you've got a PILE of intake tubing there.

If it was me..put the inlet at the back, and run the outlet straight in and down into the throttle body. The Inlet could then just snake up, around, and into the inlet side of the I/C.

Looks awesome but I think you will like the shifting performance better if you moved the BOV to the pipe that is mounted to the top of the throttlebody. (downstream of the intercooler) As is, the boosted air has to stop and turn around in your intercooler and head the other way when the BOV opens, then go back towards the throttlebody when the throttle opens up again. I did testing on this with my setup and it made a noticable difference.

kick rump roast

well...i realize all that....BUT..that DSM pipe was a perfect fit right there, so im not going to change it until i find real time to fab up proper piping and such.

Verision 2 will likely feature one of these cores:

newturbo007.jpg

Or a Spearco or PWR WRX-STi AWIC core...*IF* i can find the spearco one used again on ebay...otherwise the PWR is going to cost some serious $$$$

oddcomp.....what? ;)

its mistsubishi EVO IC hose. Its not the greatest, but its OE so its designed to last. Works ok for my stuff right now. 20+ PSI=NO on that stuff tho.

and HOLY crap does it pull on the interstate.

dyno'd it...

not a single HP gain.

ALL TQ! 30 TQ gain. will post graph tomorrow.

its mistsubishi EVO IC hose. Its not the greatest, but its OE so its designed to last. Works ok for my stuff right now. 20+ PSI=NO on that stuff tho.

and HOLY crap does it pull on the interstate.

dyno'd it...

not a single HP gain.

ALL TQ! 30 TQ gain. will post graph tomorrow.

Very Very interesting Will. I would not be surprised if that gain is on the low end. I'll take a stab and say it is just before and just after 3000rpm. ;) Am I right? **Crossing Fingers***

Oh yeah, I got the version 2 you want in my garage.

mini_air_waterkit.jpg

I took this pic last week. Muhahahaha! :brow:

Now where are those Dyno charts damn it! I hate waiting for those things. I'm a dyno chart junkie.