Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What glue to use?

I'm needing to glue a couple pieces of lexan together since the sheets I was using aren't big enough for a full quarter window. So I was wondering what people recommended to glue to pieces together that would hold up in extreme temperatures and could possibly hold up to me trying to blast them out with a nice set of subwoofers. Any ideas?

Once upon a time I knew, but seems to me that the store that sold you the Lexan would know (maybe). And Home Depot here carries Lexan plenty big for a quarter window, and wouldn't have the seaming issues.

Well the lexan was free courtesy of Wal-Mart security. Also the closest Home Depot is about an hour away. I'll give Gorilla glue a try to see if I can get it to work.

I believe you are correct regarding Solvent weld glue.

There are different plastics and ways to glue... One example I have seen is a solvent glue with long schnouts that you just run along the joint, hold and it melts the material (solvent) then cures back out in a minute or so. But each type of plastic is diffent...

Sounds like your in a hurry. I know at HOme depot they have a two part mix (activator) & (Glue) in a kit for plastic. My son used it on plastic parts on his paint ball hopper. (acts much like a super glue)

Next choice would be a super glue...

Sorry not familiar with Gorila glue.... seen it, never used it. Try it on a test piece and see what happens?

My .2 cents

ok I'm not really in a hurry, I'd rather try and do it with something that I know would probably work, or I'll have to spend a lot more $$ and drive a few hours away to try and get a bigger sheet of lexan. I'm going to try different things on some scrap I have and since they're both straight edges that I didn't cut, They'll bond together very nicely. Hopefully I can get something that will withstand the elements...