Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I think its a good deal (retail wise) as the dealer I work at has an outback (non limited) auto with 98K (its a 1998) for $10995 asking price and when it went on sale it was still 8995.

So regarding what dealers sell em for its not bad. But private party I bet you could find one cheaper. See if the head gaskets have been serviced!

Hey guys, my father is looking at a 97 outback limited wagon with 5 speed, power everything has 97k miles on it and the subaru dealer wants $7500 for it..what is this worth you guys think??

That seems abit high to me. I would think 6-6500 is the right price and also realizing that this is a dealer and he will start very high until they've had the car for 2-3 weeks and then the price will drop quickly. HEAD GASKET, HEAD GASKET, HEAD GASKET! Tell your father to budget for a head gasket, timing belt, and water pump for about $1200 with 97k miles. I have a '97 OBW limited with 255k miles, the HG went at 191k miles (not bad) and I just replaced the clutch at 245k miles on the original 5 speed tranny. It has been the most realiable car i've owned. Just turn the key and go.

Tdog

Hey guys, my father is looking at a 97 outback limited wagon with 5 speed, power everything has 97k miles on it and the subaru dealer wants $7500 for it..what is this worth you guys think??

This is a bit high, I would low ball them.

I picked up my 96 with 70K, cold weather package, they were asking 9k got them down to 6k little over a year ago.