Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am thinking of returning to Subaru with an 06 Outback wagon. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with towing with an outback.

How much have you towed?

How often do you tow?

How does the car handle the towing experience?

Any problems?

Drive Safe,

Joe

Look in the owners manual. From all the posts on here I have yet to see a single complaint about towing, and people do tow. All i can suggest is that you follow the recomendations for heavy duty use, and if you are going to do a lot of heavy towing have a transmission oil cooler aded to the car.

nipper

I towed a 5X8 U-Haul covered trailer filled with furniture between Seattle and San Fransisco - a distance of about 800 miles - behind a 2003 Baja and had no problems. Of course there were times in the mountains where we couldn't maintain the speed limit and rough roads are doubly bad when pulling a trailer.

tow a small popup camper (97 Coleman Laredo) with our 01 OBW. Never a problem. Just need to know how to handle it.

I've towed with many small pickups (4 cyl S10, 6 cyl S10, V8 Silverado, 4 cyl Dakota) and aside from the Silverado, the 0BW has been the best. Didn't camp this summer (wife pregnant) but plan on it for next year a lot.

Our typical trip has been 3-4 hours, etc. Mountains, and more...