Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weight of different car models

EA82 Wagon 4x4 - weigh'd mine at the landfill a few weeks ago. With a 50 lb tool box, 2 10" subs in a heavy box, amp 2 spare tires, 3 jacks, 2 jackstands, 3 spare coils, 2 spare alternators I was pushin 3150 lbs. That was with a 1/2 tank gas.

Yota pickup, short bed reg car 4x4 ~ 4000 lbs

extended cab ~ 4500 lbs

The brat and the hatch from looking in my manual a month ago, I remember seeing ~ 2700 lbs dry for both

EA82 Wagon 4x4 - weigh'd mine at the landfill a few weeks ago. With a 50 lb tool box, 2 10" subs in a heavy box, amp 2 spare tires, 3 jacks, 2 jackstands, 3 spare coils, 2 spare alternators I was pushin 3150 lbs. That was with a 1/2 tank gas.

Yota pickup, short bed reg car 4x4 ~ 4000 lbs

extended cab ~ 4500 lbs

The brat and the hatch from looking in my manual a month ago, I remember seeing ~ 2700 lbs dry for both

Ha ha ha , is this normal stuff you usually carry , spare coils and alts funny SJR

Ha ha ha , is this normal stuff you usually carry , spare coils and alts funny SJR

spare coil, and above all alternator. two things that fail the most on subarus. dont know how many roadside alt changes i've done on the way to or from texas.

remember to wash the mud out of the wheel wells before you get a weight.

heheh yea I always carry 2 alternators. I do live in alaska. 90 percent of the time, the part stores wont carry a sooby alternator

And I keep 3 coils cuz I think one of them is bad, but I havent installed em to find the bad one yet. lol

mine says on the door pillar 3400 something. i don't remember exactly. but it is 3400something... that seemed heavy to me but thats what it says.

it is a 1992 loyale wagon 5speed 4WD..

Thats the gross weight, the total weight the car can handle per manufactuer specs.