Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My axle was so bad

How Bad was it?

It was so bad, that if Sean Connery was in the car we could have made a wicked awesome martini.

OK, stupid intro, but i have a picture, this is right after i took it off the car.

DSC_0012.jpg

So there I was after my interview, in my suit, and an axle that needed to come out before i went home, so i went to the mall that we meet every tuesday night for the Subie meet n greet. and about 20 minutes into the axle swap one of the waitresses comes out with the "regular" 12 wings, chips and cheese, and a coke. so that was nice. Lucky for me i had coveralls, so i didn't get any of the dress cloths dirty.

And, rumor has it, i did pretty well at my interview as well.

wow was that from waterwagon?

i have had axles worse than that one.. so bad.. they .. umm.. well.. i didnt really pull much of the axle out of the car due to it not being there when i went to change it, but that is one of the stages in leading up to that point!

good show on the interview+food+parking lot repair!

makes me wonder if I should start carrying my spare axle in the impreza :-\

About 3 months after I got my Loyale I snapped an axle...I finally tossed it a couple months ago..but the piece that holds the bearings in shattered in 3 places..dropped a couple bearings out and breaking off a big chunk of the outer knuckle. Still drove it 30 miles to my friends house..fighting to keep it on the road but it made it!

So yours doesnt look tooooo bad:brow: . Good Luck with the Job! Fingers crossed you get it!

*yawn* ;)

Does it still work? I say wheel on!!!

I've got some that look like that, the one that came off the rear of my '85 looked exactly like that, I guess I'd been driving it (in lots of mud, of course) like that for awhile. it was conveniant when the cup wouldn't come off the stub though....just pulled the DOJ apart.