Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm looking to find some rims to fit my 00 Forestor. I'm putting some snows on, but need either some winter (cheap steel rims) or something aluminum maybe to put my summer tires on and then change my present steel rims to the snows. I'm really cheap, so buying new "winter rims" dosen't appeal to me at about 250.00 bucks for 4 , seems a tad high, I'm used to buying older rims for my old chev's etc for 20 bucks each at a wreckers... I need to find the specs on the 15's , bolt circle, offset, backspacing etc. That would help me find an alternate source of wheels. Any help is appreciated.

Stephen

Yes well I figured pretty much any late model soob wheels would be fine, but they are not coming cheap. What I need to find out is what other makes might work as well. I guess I'll just have to measure mine up and start scouring the wreckers for something cheap.

You also need the correct offset. For 00 (I have an 01) you need 15 inch, 5 x100 bolt battern and 48 mm offset. Otherwise you will get clearance problems or premature bearing wear.

I am also looking for winter rims for my Forester - I live in Winnipeg. I have called all the wreckers around and can only find alum rims for the Forester. I might have to get the universal steel rims from Walmart for $50/rim.

I was spoiled because last year in the Buy and Sell, I was able to get a full set of OEM Honda CR-V rims with Michelin Arctic Alpin snow tires for $250 for my wife's CR-V. That was a sweet deal!