Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will These Body Parts Fit On My Brat?

Ok, I have a problem:

I have an 85' brat and i need to rebuild the front end. I am in need of a passenger side fender and a hood. My question is: will an 82' fender fit on my 85'? Also; will a 85' GL coupe hood fit on the brat? I really appriciate any information you can give me!

Thank You Much!

Ryan

That fender will be a direct replacement for the one you have. The hood on the other hand will only fit if its off of an EA-81 coupe (AKA the earlier looking suby that has the same nose as your brat). And just for future reference you should post anything dealing with your brat in the older gen of subarus forum. This forum is for ancient subys built before 1979 :)

Whatever you do.... DO NOT do any business with http://www.autobodypartsonline.com. or http://www.AutoPartsLand.com they also go under several other names. It's a long story that I'll refrain from getting into.

It took me 6 months and my credit card company to do a chargeback to them to get my money back. I ended up repairing my original hood and getting a fender from Russ Hill.

Ok, I have a problem:

I have an 85' brat and i need to rebuild the front end. I am in need of a passenger side fender and a hood. My question is: will an 82' fender fit on my 85'? Also; will a 85' GL coupe hood fit on the brat? I really appriciate any information you can give me!

Thank You Much!

Ryan

while it is true, that a '82 fender will fit, the antenna hole is on the driveres side (80-82) and the passenger side (83+)

the '85 GL 3dr coupe (ea82) has different fenders. the only 85+ fenders that will work, will be hatchback or Brat.

otherwise, you need 83-84 fenders (any model)

while it is true, that a '82 fender will fit, the antenna hole is on the driveres side (80-82) and the passenger side (83+)

the '85 GL 3dr coupe (ea82) has different fenders. the only 85+ fenders that will work, will be hatchback or Brat.

otherwise, you need 83-84 fenders (any model)

Yup, and for some reason I think the lower molding on some years has to be modified too? I have no idea what's on mine... the lower moldings and lines match but I have no antenna hole in either side? :)

You might try I-5 Autoparts; they have an '86 Brat with a clean front end (it was hit in the right rear); I think they'll ship what you need. They are in Chehalis, WA 1-800-551-4489. Ask for Jack and tell them you saw their number on the USMB; Jack will know who posted it.