Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Camshaft and Crankshaft Position Sensors

Thanks for the help.

My 1995 Imprezza wouldn't start. After checking this message board I was able to logically analyze the problem without using a diagnostic computer. Replaced both the camshaft and crankshadt positions sensors; the CEL is off and the car runs great.

Total cost for both genuine Subaru sensors was $78.58 including shipping. Hmmmmm, the local dealer wanted over $300 for the parts alone and wanted $500 to fix it. Took me a whole 5 minutes including getting the tool box. I don't want to run a private ad campaign so if you want the web address for the parts supplier send me a note

• 6 years later...

The prices might have gone up in the last 5-6 years. Though for many years/models the genuine camshaft position sensor is around $59 and the crankshaft sensor $89 (though both are more for certain years/models). Always check dealers selling parts online; I have seen some parts where the genuine part costs less than the aftermarket part.