Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Does anyone know of an aftermarket headlight that will fit on to a 91 Subaru Legacy? Any suggestions are appreciated.

There are some excellent bulbs such as the Sylvania bulbs that will improve

your lighting substantialy but whatever you do..don't put those dorky phony

blue tinted bulbs in,not only do they downgrade your lighting but also your

image.

I added a wiring harness and relays to my '91 Legacy to handle the extra current and install 55/100W bulbs to replace the wimpy 45/55W standard bulbs (also, don't get the "blue" ones; they are not an improvement). I bought a pre-made harness from Competition Limited in Pinckney, MI and it took me less than 30 minutes to install it. You can always make your own harness and relays if you know what you're doing but the $45 I spent for the pre-made harness was worth every penny in saved time.

I have one of those harnesses that I purchased used from a guy on here. It's nicely made and I agree with Ed that it's worth it to just buy it rather than make your own. Here's the link to Competition Limited http://www.hioutputbulbs.com/compt.htm Looks like they're having a 2 for 1 sale on those 55/100 bulbs and I need some.

For a mear $450 you can get a HID conversion kit. That'd be kinda nice. Or you could build your own from parts on ebay. Or you could use HID lamp assemblies from BMWs, Lexus, etc and graft them on.?