Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Working on washer fluid squiters

So I recently put a rear wiper motor into my GL and it works but; only the front passenger side squirter will squirt fluid and that is half the time coming out of one hole if im lucky or else its nothing at all, but the rear fluid squiter or dribbler or whatever it is will not function. ive tried to clean the front squiters many different ways and have made sure that the hoses are good but i dont know where to start with the rear. Anybody out there had much luck with this? I know the hatch has fluid.

Neal

The GL wagon, at least, has a separate reservoir for the rear squirter, inside one of those little plastic hatches on the left side as you stand behind the open rear hatch. Dunno about the other models.

I ended up using canned air to blow down into the openings for the jets (after taking the hoses off) and blew out some crud that was loose in there, too big to come through the pinholes but got pushed up against them when the pump operated, blocking them. Also scrubbed around the pinholes with a toothbrush and cleaned some fuzz off them (maybe mineral deposits from decades of evaporation) that had made them rather smaller.

The GL wagon, at least, has a separate reservoir for the rear squirter, inside one of those little plastic hatches on the left side as you stand behind the open rear hatch. Dunno about the other models.

The hatch is the same (separate reservoir inside the rear when you open up the hatch).

I ended up using canned air to blow down into the openings for the jets (after taking the hoses off) and blew out some crud that was loose in there, too big to come through the pinholes but got pushed up against them when the pump operated, blocking them. Also scrubbed around the pinholes with a toothbrush and cleaned some fuzz off them (maybe mineral deposits from decades of evaporation) that had made them rather smaller.

ah yes canned air....but how to i get the the sending side of the jet?