Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Fashion question...

OK, I had another hint of either brilliance or madness, the responses to this thread will probably tell the difference.

I posted looking for some old, well used alloys for my XT of a couple specific types... but what do you guys think about this:

A set of wagon wheels for the EA82 series, repainted bronze?

Quick fashion question, I guess it is. Like it? hate it? Am I nuts?

OK, I had another hint of either brilliance or madness, the responses to this thread will probably tell the difference.

I posted looking for some old, well used alloys for my XT of a couple specific types... but what do you guys think about this:

A set of wagon wheels for the EA82 series, repainted bronze?

Quick fashion question, I guess it is. Like it? hate it? Am I nuts?

i have a set of wagon wagon wheels that are already painted Bronze. ill take a pic, mabey they are something you will want to pick up for say... $50.00

As long as it stays on the KIA noone will notice!

For some reason I don't know if wagon wheels and XT's go together. Any color for that matter.

I personally think they'd go better on the XT than a lot of the alloys Subaru offered. Rally looks ugly to me period, and Premier looks like it belongs on a GL-10 or RX sedan. Motion looks good on an XT, my last XT had a set of them... but from what I've seen, they're kinda hard to find now. H-Styles are pretty universal.

But what are your other choices? Bare steelies? Bleh. Black steelies? Bleh squared. Wheel covers? Hard to find a good set w/o curb rash or cracks. Aftermarket wheel covers? Have you seen the ugly monstrosities that Schmucks has to offer?

Oh wait, I know the ultimate in bling! FAKE SPINNER wheel covers! Yeah baby!

I may be a ricer, but I'm not that bad of a ricer. I still have self-respect. :)

I personally think they'd go better on the XT than a lot of the alloys Subaru offered. Rally looks ugly to me period, and Premier looks like it belongs on a GL-10 or RX sedan. Motion looks good on an XT, my last XT had a set of them... but from what I've seen, they're kinda hard to find now. H-Styles are pretty universal.

But what are your other choices? Bare steelies? Bleh. Black steelies? Bleh squared. Wheel covers? Hard to find a good set w/o curb rash or cracks. Aftermarket wheel covers? Have you seen the ugly monstrosities that Schmucks has to offer?

Oh wait, I know the ultimate in bling! FAKE SPINNER wheel covers! Yeah baby!

I may be a ricer, but I'm not that bad of a ricer. I still have self-respect. :)

I think wagon wheels would be OK, probly not the best with XT tho. Color is up to you, I'm on modem so I don't know what color the car is.

It all comes down to whatever floats your boat.

But please, for the sake of the Subaru community, do not put spinners on the XT (especially "fake" ones). Slap em on the Kia if you want, paint-matched ones (not "chrome") might even look good.

--Ed

I also like the look of the wagon wheels, and agree that the stock cream like color could be improved upon. I was planning on painting my wagon wheels a gunmetal color, but then I scored some pug alloys. I think a dark bronze would look good with that turquoise.