Ultimate Subaru Message Board

loyale demo car

i big into demo berbyi run the compact class (4cly) it a 91 loyale 4wd auto you cant run 4wd in the demo can i just take the rear drive shaft out of the rear of the tranny and still run it i got the car for 50$ should i demo it or offroad it i known its not going do the best in the demo like other car will

you might be able to find a fwd tranny for it pretty cheap if you dig around a little bit. i personally wouldnt run it in a derby though, but in a compact class, it should hold its own.

all i can say is " have fun"

you can always swap out the auto for a dual range 5spd.

If you are going to run it in the derby, pop out the front axles, but leave the outer cups in the hub to hold the wheels. Then leave the tranny in 4wd mode and voila! rwd loyale. Then weld up the rear end and you'll have a great car for mini figure-8s and whatever.

Guys, guys... he's running the car in a demo derby. Destroying it. He doesn't want to do any extra work to it. Tranny swaps are out of the question.

As people said before:

To run in FWD- remove the rear half of the driveshaft.

To run in RWD- remove the front axle shafts, but leave the outer cups and spindles in the hubs to hold everything together. Leave the red 4WD button engaged.

I saw a loyale that was used for banger racing in Britian, and it made it through multiple heats.

My sugestion is to run FWD. Most of the work of a demo car gets done by the back end, so....

4wd would kick butt, if only the regs alowed it. too much of an advantage.

If your demo club allows frame welding, take off the quarter panels and weld some plate onto the crumple zones on the front of the frame rails. Put the quarter panels back on and you're good to go.

Auto trannys can be weak.

Don't worry about overheating. My car is having serious issues and the temperature gauge actully goes 3/8" past the end of the red zone, and it still runs. Smells funny when its that hot though..

If the loyale doesn't have a skidplate, pick up one off of a car in the J/Y. And take the oil pressure sender off and replace it with a short bolt.

The part of the front end that will bend is the radius rod, the bar that runs from the control arm back to the frame. If regs alow it, strengthen that puppy up.

Have fun and be sure to post pics.