Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Centerforce will make us a clutch!

so you're telling me you never found the clutchnet stuff, or that will found one that has like 80% more hold power than stock? hell I'll go out on a limb here and get you a complete kit for 275, shipped. 6 puck kevlar, sprung center, upgraded PP, new throwout bearing, clips and the polit bearing. race proven even.

Look, You don't have to be a smart--- about it. I don't really think you want to go there with me. I had a deadline to meet when it came to getting my car roadworthy, so don't have any indication that you can school me when it comes to clutches. When I was looking for a clutch, I wanted one that would last a long time and endure some abuse from time to time. I'm sure this place that you are talking about is probably local or something. I didn't have that luxury. NOW, If you can find a complete clutch kit(and I'm not talking some refurbished anything (resurfaced) discs, PPs, whatever; I want Brand Spankin' NEW off the shelf), for that price, I want to see it on paper in black and white. Here is my mailing address so you can send the qoute to me:

Patrick Zimmerli

PSC 80 Box 10329

APO, AP 96367

Then, and only then would I be inclined to purchase it. And I don't want it to be some special price or price after discount, that only you can get because you race or anything. I want it to be the same price for every average joe off the street to pay if he/she was looking for a clutch.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Centerforce emailed me this today :

Steve, I have had 7 calls including yours, thought you would like to know, no where near the 50 you thought we would get.

I can submit it with the 7 calls of interest now if you like, let me know.................................

Thanks,

LARRY CLARK

Senior Account Representative

Sales - Customer Service - Catalogs

CENTERFORCE PERFORMANCE CLUTCHES

Division of Midway Industries

Bus. 928/771-8422 ext. 30

Fax. 928/771-8322

larryc@centerforce.com

We need more people to call them!

CALL THEM AGAIN IF YOU ALLREADY WITH A DIFFERENT NAME, THEY WANT CALLS.