Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What would you pay?

My dad is lookin at an RX with 150k on it, 5spd,new Turbo and Rad, straight body and ground FX in perfect condition. The girl that owns it is the second owner and has had it since she got out of high school, which is 4 years. He said everything looks tight, and he crawled all over it checking for rust/bond/leaks/ect.

So what would be a good price? shes down to "best offer" as it's sat for a few months.

Also he wants to do 14 inch pugs and an AA lift and turn it into a Baja/Rally car. He's crazy like that! So what are the thoughts pro/con for lifting an RX?

(I thought it would be Rad!)

i say even if its 2wd, if you can get a good deal on it, buy it. i dont think $800 is to much, i have payed $500 for cars that didnt run and needed towed home.

then just convert it to AWD, parts can be found easy enough.

but i would "NEVER" lift an RX. if you want a lifted rig. buy a wagon or sadan. RX's are hard to find and awesome.

Update it is AWD and he's got a lowball bit in that shes thinking over. the big prob is that Dad's not all that Subi savy and he's in the PNW while I'm in Co so each time I talk to him he's got new and different info. At first he thought it was a 3 door EA82T but anywho it's an AWD RXT and hopfully he'll score it for $750. And ya, a 1inch lift with a14 stuffed under it would be the shizel!

Joel whats up, heard you moved, we gotzta rally!