Ultimate Subaru Message Board

my first speeding ticket

i just came back from a drive in the xt, and i got a ticket for 281 dollars, doin 122kph in and 80kph zone, i won the race against the chev s10, but when i started to slow down, i caught the reflective tape of the cop, and he gave me a ticket, didn't know wtf i was driving, so i kindly told him what it was, and he laughed, but i still got a ticket.

mike(big smile on my face)

i got out of going 95 in a 35 because they felt sry for me evean after they followed me for 3 miles and couldn't catch me (cornering stretch) you want to know true fear stop at a red light and have too cops you didn't know were following you they wereso far back almost run you down only to stop infront of you back up and then let you out of a ticket because your car is run down

this was after a very bad day at work and i was very pissed and it was a back road with no traffic at 11pm

just trying to look less like a reckless *********************

agree with below statement

just cool down man, its not all the time, i know racing is not cool, it was the reaction of the cop that was the topper of the night

Only takes one time to kill yourself or someone else.

going over 120, you're lucky he didn't give you a reckless driving ticket and take your licence.

Only takes one time to kill yourself or someone else.

going over 120, you're lucky he didn't give you a reckless driving ticket and take your licence.

i understand what the majority of people who have/are goin to read this thread might say, and i know that speeding kills, i keep my speed down to a respectable 5 over for the sake of others and myself, but even the best of drivers have taken the speed up over the "respectable" level.

i do not support or condone speeding or street racing, thats y i participate in sanctioned autocross thats held here on base.

just to calm things

mike

i keep my speed down to a respectable 5 over for the sake of others and myself

Then how do you explain 122mph? do you have 117mph Zones?

To be fair, most of us have done things like this, but for the most part we don't ever talk about it. We can help make your car faster, but we don't want to know what you're doing with it, unless its legal.

Same story for the offroaders, we love to see those guys in action, i'm one of them, but if they're trespassing, we don't want to know about it.

The cop probably half expected you to be wearing really colorfull sunglasses and have a fluxcapacitor in the backseat. I think XT's look pretty futuristic. Made me laugh

whoa...if your going 80 mph or over many states automatically cite you for wreckless driving. it shocks me the cop didnt cite you for criminal speeding, arrest your rump roast and give you a HUGE fine with a court date. consider yourself a lucky sob.

neal

Then how do you explain 122mph? do you have 117mph Zones?

To be fair, most of us have done things like this, but for the most part we don't ever talk about it. We can help make your car faster, but we don't want to know what you're doing with it, unless its legal.

Same story for the offroaders, we love to see those guys in action, i'm one of them, but if they're trespassing, we don't want to know about it.

He didn't say he was going 122m/h, he said 122km/h, which is more like 73m/h.

Oooooohhhh, Omniman you are so evil, you should be ashamed of yourself. As someone who has never ever engaged in any kind of illegal or immoral activity I, and all the other perfect saints here are entitled to scold you and inform you that we are better and more responsible than you, even though we have never met. Shame on you for speeding. As we all know here, going the insanely high speed of 122KPH is evil and bad and it kills people every time you do it. Certainly more people than alcohol or cigarettes or cell phones. Of course if you weren't in a speed competition, say, just seeing how fast your Subaru could go and then posting it in the "What's the fastest you've had your Suby?" that would be perfectly OK. Bad bad bad evil bad naughty bad evil

I sure get the sarcasim, and the reason I'm in a possition to hand out a little a$$ chewing??? Yep, "been there done that". Am I proud of it, heck no. In fact, I'm amazed that I didn't kill someone. Does that mean just because I did it that makes it alright??? If I can make one kid, you included, think about what there about to do the next time, then I will continue to give an occational "fatherly chat". Tim

Oooooohhhh, Omniman you are so evil, you should be ashamed of yourself. As someone who has never ever engaged in any kind of illegal or immoral activity I, and all the other perfect saints here are entitled to scold you and inform you that we are better and more responsible than you, even though we have never met. Shame on you for speeding. As we all know here, going the insanely high speed of 122KPH is evil and bad and it kills people every time you do it. Certainly more people than alcohol or cigarettes or cell phones. Of course if you weren't in a speed competition, say, just seeing how fast your Subaru could go and then posting it in the "What's the fastest you've had your Suby?" that would be perfectly OK. Bad bad bad evil bad naughty bad evil

You people are blowing this WAY THE HELL out of proportion. The guy was doing 76.25 MPH in a 50 MPH Zone. How many of you haven't done that? GET REAL! PAY ATTENTION TO MPH VS KPH. In Arizona we have 75mph zones! 25 over? that's nothing. You wanna *************** about people speeding go in the "How fast have you had your Suby?" thread, take a look at my pics of my 98 Legacy doin' ~125 MPH and then come *************** at me. and Hey, just to make you guys even more upset about people speeding, my SVX does ~125 MPH coming out of 3rd into 4th gear. And for you Metric people.. 125MPH = 200KPH. So quit yer beetchin' about this guys little speeding infraction. And hey man, GOOD JOB SMOKIN THAT CHEVY!

Was he "street racing"? This is Edmonton, remember, in the middle of the bald prairie. He may well have been on an 80 km/h rural backroad, paved, straight, level, no trees, no traffic, and if there are any side roads, you can see the other traffic for miles.

If that was the case, he wasn't being smart, but probably wasn't being totally irresponsible either. I suspect the cop thought the same, or else the punishment would have been a lot larger, involving "dangerous driving", not just speeding, and license suspension, not just a fine. ("DD" is 30 km/h over here in B.C, may be different in Alberta.)

If this was around town, on one of the local connector highways, he was being an idiot, begging to be caught, and dead lucky to get away with just a fine.

whoa...if your going 80 mph or over many states automatically cite you for wreckless driving. it shocks me the cop didnt cite you for criminal speeding, arrest your rump roast and give you a HUGE fine with a court date. consider yourself a lucky sob.

That is not true. There is not such thing as automatic reckless driving. The fast lane of traffic on 1-5 from seattle to bellingham is ALWAYS a few miles an hour over 80. Going 73 in a 50 in the right conditions is not an unreasonable risk to take, though it does increase danger.

That is not true. There is not such thing as automatic reckless driving. The fast lane of traffic on 1-5 from seattle to bellingham is ALWAYS a few miles an hour over 80. Going 73 in a 50 in the right conditions is not an unreasonable risk to take, though it does increase danger.

Going 80 on the 5 is just keeping up with traffic, which is different than racing someone else.

I'd be more inclined to let the speeding go if he wasn't street racing.

My original point altogether!!!! If it was on the wide open prairie and he didn't see the cop that makes it that much worse, how about if it was a deer or a car on the road he didn't see.

Thanks for the encouragement........:rolleyes::confused: :-\

And hey man, GOOD JOB SMOKIN THAT CHEVY!

I sure get the sarcasim, and the reason I'm in a possition to hand out a little a$$ chewing??? Yep, "been there done that". Am I proud of it, heck no. In fact, I'm amazed that I didn't kill someone. Does that mean just because I did it that makes it alright??? If I can make one kid, you included, think about what there about to do the next time, then I will continue to give an occational "fatherly chat". Tim

Fair enough

Okay, now that I have stopped laughing I have something to say also. I don't support street racing. I have done it as well in the past, but there was always that little voice in the back of my head that is saying slow down. 9 times outta 10 I'd slow down. If it really comes down to it, I just pull their punk card and say," Hey, let's go out to the track. Then you can prove how fast you really are." You will be suprised at how many excuses people come up with just because they don't want to pay the entry fee for the track. Then I'm like," It's $17 dollars for goodness sake!" So if there is a track that is close by, I'd suggest going there and then you have your win on paper.

Patrick