Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Are you sure? The way I understand a viscous differential works is by shearing those long silicone molicules in half to get the desired limited slip characteristic. This would mean that the fluid would eventually break down and the diff would not work a well. Anyone have a FSM who is willing to clear this up?

• 2 years later...

Thats my question as well. But EVERY manufacture claims only theres will work. Origionally I had a diff guy till I started doing them myself for my drift car. He used mainly this certain type of lsd additive? Always worked for me. I actually was debating not dropping it in while reading the SUBARU ONLY FLUID. Not even just LSD ONLY, so some moron at jiffylube doesnt swap fluids.

I am having issues so I havent really tried it much But ill let ya know if it fails?

Can I use the friction modifier that I bought at Schucks called Equa Torque, or should I use Subaru brand addative, or maybe redline LSD specific oil?

I'm going to be refilling the diff this weekend. Does anyone have any experience with different brands of LSD addative and want to offer any advice?