Ultimate Subaru Message Board

is it possable to put a snowplow on a loyale

We were going to put one on my camo wagon. Found a plastic one at a snowmobile swap meet for a jeep cj. It was a manuel turn, you had to get out and pull the pin, turn the plow and reset the pin. Figured I could mount a cheat cable winch to the bumper to lift it up and down.

Never happened thou. I get to many idea's and never have the time to do them. Guess I should be on Riddlen lol

Keeping in mind that these are unibody cars with light weight noses and a little underpowered, may just be better off investing in a really good snow blower.

Snow plow can beat the hell out of a vehical, especially a unibody, and the drive train.

nipper

I'd asscess your needs,

the difference between a plow and a blower are significant.

With a plow you will need more space to store the snow every time you use it?

In tight places you may not have anywhere for the snow to go?

Blowers will get rid of the snow but don't move it very far or do large areas well?

A Subie plow is a fun idea but only good in the right application.

Something to think about?

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer--wants a plow...

84 GL

01 Forester

I'd asscess your needs,

the difference between a plow and a blower are significant.

With a plow you will need more space to store the snow every time you use it?

In tight places you may not have anywhere for the snow to go?

Blowers will get rid of the snow but don't move it very far or do large areas well?

A Subie plow is a fun idea but only good in the right application.

Something to think about?

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer--wants a plow...

84 GL

01 Forester

In the right application, it could be alot of fun, you're right. I think for what most people use a blower for, it would be great. We have a 300' long driveway, and some parking areas for 10-20 cars, and a blower would take forever. We have a old 3/4 ton chevy truck dedicated to plowing, and it gets thrown around alot even weighing 7,000 lbs. Ramming the piles of snow at the edges to get the snow farther away/higher is what really does it. It can't handle stuff over about 12" at once unless it's really powdery, so we end up plowing it two times during some storms. For the big spring storms, the backhoe has to come out (or when the plow truck gets high centered -- it has happened). If we had a smaller area to plow, I think a subaru would be great for 4 to 6" of stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just made a A-type drag that I pull behind brat, and plowed my driveway, this past snowstorm. Our driveway is pretty steep, so plowing is all downhill. Being the first time, it did well. fine powder. The slower I went the better it did. I have dual range/in low. I used old batteries for weight. I may want to buy a plow, or adapt atv plow...and one of these days I'll learn how to do the picture/photo...rc