Ultimate Subaru Message Board

is it possable to put a snowplow on a loyale

Wait a minute! That's a coupe! They weren't all "RX" were they?

That's an RXI. The US only got the RXII (EA82). You can see it says RXI on it behind the door. That's a sick car, but it's one of the few Subarus that I would not put a plow on, but that's just me. Now a Brat w/ a plow would be great and would look super funny parked next to a real plow truck!

Yea,the dealership in Bangor, Maine had one of those Brats fitted with a snowplow. And they used to use it for small storms. I think it was more of a promotional thing than anything else though. I'm pretty sure the salt ate it as happens to most of them up here.

I'd like to try the plow thing on this Loyale after taking it off the road. Maybe fit it with one of those fiberglass plows I've heard of. Make a good conversation piece if nothing else.:D

This is from Subaru3's site.

plowsw.jpg

When I was at JMU they had golf carts fitted with snowchains and plows to do the sidewalks. They did a pretty good job and looked cool.

But I would definately agree that it would be tough on a subaru's drive train and unibody, and probably not a bad way to heat up the engine and lose a head gasket. It would look really cool though.