Ultimate Subaru Message Board

MY97 outback limited 2.5 - OBD II or not?

Hi everyone,

i have an Australian Delivered 1997 (my97) outback limited, which i'm lead to believe is OBDII, but it doesn't have the D-shaped plug.

It has the yellow select monitor plug, grey check connector, pair of black plugs which you join for Read Mode, and the pair of green plugs when are for test mode. Can anyone tell me if this is actually OBDII or not.

PS: i was going to attach a pic, but it wont let me, so i'll try and put it up somewhere tonight.

thanks.

Hi everyone,

i have an Australian Delivered 1997 (my97) outback limited, which i'm lead to believe is OBDII, but it doesn't have the D-shaped plug.

It has the yellow select monitor plug, grey check connector, pair of black plugs which you join for Read Mode, and the pair of green plugs when are for test mode. Can anyone tell me if this is actually OBDII or not.

PS: i was going to attach a pic, but it wont let me, so i'll try and put it up somewhere tonight.

thanks.

Doesn't sound like it is. Here in the States Subaru placed a sticker under the bonnet stating the vehicle is OBDII compliant.

I went and had a chat to a friend last night who has a karman scan tool kicking around his workshop, and he says he uses an adapter to check subarus. if we had a bit more time we would have put it on there. I've gotta wire up a transbrake and NOS kit in an RX2 drag car tonight at the shop next door to him so i might get him to give it a crack. So it seems in the end that it is OBDII