Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i could be wrong because im not familiar with TT subarus (we dont have them in the states) but you might have to run 2 bovs, which is probably going to be expensive. does it have 2 TBs? and does the car use a MAF (or 2)? if so, youre probably just better off sticking with the oem recirc valves.

heh bov's are not just for riced cars they do actually serve a purpose atomospheric one's are just louder and make people next to you say WTF???

what kind of intercooler do you plan on running?

as far as a twin turbo needding 2 of them well..

usually a twin setup is two smaller turbo's that spool quicker than one single large one

but most of the time <not always> and are almost just as efficient in the upper boost ranges

as far as placement goes if your using say like a wrx type of intercooler

it already has a factory spot for a blow off valve

if your either going without a intercooler <not a good idea> or with a aftermarket or junkyard unit that you have to make up connections for

then pretty much anywhere just before the throttle body in the intake pipe

is fine

and you run the vacum line that attaches to it to either a unused port or you add a "T" splitter to some spot on the intake manifold

maf based cars like what you "should" have usually need a recirc style of blow off where you can pipe the vented air back into the intake system between the maf sensor and the turbo inlet

otherwise between shifts you will most likely encounter a backfire/poping noise in the exhaust

sometimes you can get away with a vent to atmosphere type

depending on who makes it and how much you can adjust the opening point

me personally i run a hks ssqv bov but then again i am also not running the stock ecu or a maf sensor

but they supposedly work well on maf based injection setups

after you mess around with the adjustment screw on them