Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So I just got a weber.....

I just picked up a weber 32/36 from a guy last night.It only cost me $50(couldn't pass it up) and came with a vw bug empi intake and air cleaner...Anyway it was covered in oil and couldn't tell what model it was till I got it home and cleaned it up.It turns out it is a DFAV.Just wanted to see what differences it has from a DGEV ect.Also wondered if anyone has a gasket kit/overhaul kit for one of these? I saw some on ebay but I thought I would ask first.Thanks for reading my post.:)

check out www.redlineweber.com They've got some online tech manuals. I can't remember the name of the place, but I just got a rebuild kit for $27 shipping included. If you have a parts place around that specializes in VW bugs, they can probably hook you up, too. I'll look at my receipt when I get home and get you the name of the place.

bad news. If it's really a DFAV, the bell crank is on the opposite side from the DGEV, which means more fabbing for your install. The DGEV/DGAV have the bellcrank on the right side (as it sits on the engine) and the DFEV/DFAV is a mirror image. The one with E in it is electric choke and the A is water choke.

OK, the place I got my rebuild kit was worldpac worldwide. It was considerably cheaper than Redline's price. I was just searching for it on the web, and it appears it's a subsidiary of redline or vice versa. Anyway, I searched for Weber in google and called two or three places.